Sunday, April 28, 2013

DAY 1 .

Hmm . Throwback , throwback . Let's talk about the GB Annual Camp which held on the 18th , 19th & 20th of April , which is last Thursday , Friday & Saturday at Port Dickson , Negeri Sembilan . Well , it's my first time joining this camp and I would be glad to say that , this camp is incredibly awesome .
Okay , let's start from the top . On Thursday morning , all the campers are to gather at the school's main gate by 7:20am . We're all given a wristband and our group's name tag  .


After that , everyone was busy chit-chatting and taking pictures while my friends and I were planning our own plans when we reach our destination . There is a total of 2 buses will be heading to Port Dickson as there are 79 campers who are joining this camp . At around 8am , the two bus reach our school's main entrance . Well , my friends asked me to reserve the bus seating for them . So , I ordered them to help me put my luggage into the bus . I successfully book the seats for my friends and I . And the most embarrassing moment began . A committee asked everyone whether they have left out their luggage , but no one seems to answer her . She ask for quite some time and she have to unzip the luggage to check and see whether whose luggage does it belongs to . And at that moment , I saw the committee holding a furry plush toy dog shouting at the front of the bus seats and asking whose plush toy does it belongs to . At that time , I realized something : THAT PLUSH TOY IS MINE ! I quickly ran to the another bus to redeemed my luggage . I'm furious and I'm ashamed . After I locate my luggage at the place where the luggage should be , I sit back at my own seat without speaking a single word . And then , I started to explode . My friends apologized to me but I'm still angry ! I kept myself mute for quite some time . I only started to talk when we almost reach our destination .

We reach our destination an hour later than the estimated time which 1:30pm . We'll stay at a centre named Methodist Centre for 3 days and 2 nights . We disembark from the bus and gather at the dining hall . First and foremost , there's a short briefing to the dorm and group leaders . Then only we're allowed to enter the dorms respectively . We must gather again at the dining hall at 2:30pm sharp as punctuality is the courtesy of kings . All of us are to be sit in groups which had planned before camp . So , CSI is my group . There's a meaning for CSI , which is Crime Scene Investigation , a well-known movie about crimes at Los-Angelas . Each group are given a plain white cap and we're to design our own cap which match with our group name . And we're also asked to create a cheer for our own group in 30 minutes .


The two girls which are in green t-shirts are my group leader and assistant group leader . Both of them friendly and nice . Sitting in a circle to discuss about our cheer . Spot a white cap in the middle of the circle ? We're asked to design that white cap with our own creativity with only two marker pens . 


Standing in a straight line practicing for our cheer . I suggested to use the Hawaii-Five-O song as our theme song . Here's the cheer : We're the CSI , we live our life , preventing crime , so no-one dies . We give you the C-S-I-Crime-Scene-Investigation , to prevent crime !! Short and easy . (:

After that , we're all given 2 hours of break . Everyone's tired after 4 hours of journey to Port Dickson , but it's hard to have a chance where friends can camping together . So , during break time , everyone is walking here and there , exchanging dorms , having fun . And for my dorm-mates and I , we took a shower and rest . There are 6 girls in a dorm . All of us behave ourselves , we didn't go anywhere , we enjoy our own by watching DVD using the laptop accompanied by SNACKS . It's not easy to find such dorm-mates that can cooperate and tolerate all the time .

In the evening , we're all gather again at the dining hall also as the dining hall is a strategic place for everyone to gather . We have our buffet dinner there before the praise and worship session . All of us are to sing 'Prayer' every time before we have our meal .


Okay , we have duties to do . It's pretty simple , wipe all the tables in the dining hall and arrange the chairs neatly . My group is the first group to do our duty throughout the camp . Then , all of us have to go another hall for praise and worship session .


After this , we have a talk for an hour from pastor Robert . He's a pastor at CGMC , Canning Garden Methodist Church . We learned a quote on the first day of the camp : ' You are precious therefore priceless' , which means that everyone is different , everyone have their own specialities . You cannot compare yourself with others . Be yourself because you're precious there priceless



It's quite late after the talk . So , lights out after that ! That's all for the first day of the camp .

Day 1 , close file . (:

No comments:

Post a Comment